Mergers, acquisitions and restructuring form an essential part of a company's national and international growth strategy. These transactions, however, which require expertise in a number of business, tax and employment law disciplines, are becoming increasingly complex and have major business and financial implications. In this environment, we aim to:
- Evaluate the real business implications of the transactions we advise on
- Provide our clients with effective and constructive assistance throughout the structuring and negotiation of transactions
- Ensure that deals are implemented tightly enough to avoid any re-opening of negotiations at the contract drafting stage
Our Practice Areas
We handle all aspects of mergers & acquisitions and restructurings for both listed and unlisted companies:
- Documentation and contract drafting
- Support in negotiations
- Acquisitions, divestments, joint ventures
- Shareholders' agreements
- Restructurings (mergers, asset transfers, etc.) on a French and international level
- Arranging and structuring finance (equity, MBOs, MBIs)
- Investment Capital
- Legal audits
- Data room and due diligence
- Stock exchange law
A team fully dedicated to transactional and restructuring operations, building a close-by relationship with our clients
Our strength lies in our ability to put together multi-disciplinary teams, which draw in our best specialists from each discipline concerned: taxation, employment law, competition law, European law, intellectual property law, property law, etc.
Our national practice is reinforced by the strong local practices of the other CMS alliance member firms, in particular through regular sharing of information and experience.
We can also draw on this network, where appropriate, to provide our clients with solutions that go beyond the purely French context.
French and foreign listed and unlisted companies in all business sectors