Employment & Pensions
Companies are now facing four key challenges in terms of employment policy:
- Guaranteeing the best possible legal protection
- Meeting market demand with more flexibility in terms of employees
- Developing solid labour relations based on loyalty and motivation
- Dealing with the financial implications of the implementation of an employment policy within a company.
We aim to help our clients meet these challenges.
Our practice areas
We advise our clients on collective and individual labour relations and the employment implications of their strategic decisions. We provide advice and handle disputes in the following areas:
- Directors’ contracts/negotiated departures
- Flexible working arrangements, 35-hour working week
- Salary and employee shareholding policy
- Collective bargaining and staff representation
- Job preservation plans and redundancies
- Collective and individual disputes (labour relations, social security audits, etc.)
- Adapting human resources policies in line with European legislation
- Pension plans and employee benefits
- Managing international mobility National and international restructuring
- Employment audits in the scope of acquisitions.
- Drawing together legal and tax expertise from across the firm: many employment issues are so complex that they require expertise in other areas, such as taxation for dealing with directors’ contracts and international mobility, or company law for dealing with restructurings.
- Methodological attention to detail: assessing needs, strategy, providing advice focusing on foreseeing disputes, handling disputes, providing support at all stages of our client’s business operations.
- Ability to handle international issues by dedicated, multilingual lawyers with expertise in international employment practices.
Medium-sized enterprises, French and international groups and their subsidiaries in all business sectors. We have reputed expertise in handling complex cases notably in the pharmaceutical, information technology, press, food and car parts sectors.