Our practice Areas
Our main areas of expertise are the following:
- Auditing processing systems and compliance: CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre provides assistance to clients throughout the audit process aimed at identifying processing implemented in the company and making the necessary filings and authorisation requests.
- Data Protection Correspondent (CIL) role: CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre provides services as a Data Protection Correspondent that enables you to outsource this role while limiting your filing obligations.
- Personal data transfers: CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre provides assistance to clients with respect to implementing personal data transfers to States that do not have satisfactory levels of data protection. Its teams provide you with assistance in implementing standard clauses required by the European Commission or Binding Corporate Rules and obtaining transfer authorisations from the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL).
- Data collection and management: our teams provide you with assistance in implementing personal data management policies relating to marketing, health, banking or insurance.
- Litigation before the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL): CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre’s teams provide you with assistance and represent you in the event of an audit by the French Data Protection Authority and in litigation.
- Employee-related data: our teams work closely with CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre’s Employment Law Department to provide you with assistance when consulting with employee representatives which is required when implementing personal data processing.
- A pragmatic approach notably with the aim of implementing effective legal and contractual tools to prevent litigation risk
- A global legal approach with systematically takes into account employment law issues
- A multidisciplinary approach with the participation of lawyers specialising in industry and commerce regulations and employment law, or lawyers specialising in specific sectors that by the nature of their business activity encounter these issues, such as health, real estate, insurance or banking.
Our clients are:
- national or multinational companies operating in wide-ranging sectors
- e-commerce platform editors
- software or online game editors
- website editors
CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre has a team of lawyers specialised in personal data protection, including members of the French Association of Personal Data Protection Correspondents and the International Association of Privacy Professionals. Cross-cutting issues such as electronic billing, electronic filing or electronic monitoring of employees are specifically handled within the firm by a multidisciplinary team composed of CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre specialists. For international or cross-border matters, the team members request assistance from their colleagues in the CMS alliance with whom they foster a close relationship, in particular through secondments and during practice area group meetings held annually.