Real Estate & Public - Construction
Project development and construction projects – in safe hands with us
Our team excels in the development and management of large-scale real estate projects, from planning through implementation and sale to extracting value from the assets. We have many years' experience in dealing with all issues relating to the realisation of property and construction projects, including plant engineering, and with all aspects of project development.
Our client base includes well-known construction companies, major investors and project developers, large planning and engineering consultancies, and the public sector.
Our "Construction" service portfolio
Project structure and planning phase
- Buying land
- Obtaining development rights and planning permission
- Advising on the structure of the project and procurement o Stipulating the contractual models (e.g. GMP, general/main contractor, FIDIC)
- Designing and checking the project and construction contracts
- Preparing and implementing invitations to tenderProviding support in contract negotiations
- Off-plan leasing
- Legal project management and advice during construction
- Strategic advice on major projects
- Claim and anticlaim management
- Checking or justifying modifications
- Enforcing claims resulting from construction time overrun and defending against them
- Crisis management
- Preparation for acceptance procedure and support during this process
- Checking the final invoice
- Warranty management
- Preventative contract design
- Strategic advice in the event of dispute
- Representation before national courts and national and international arbitration tribunals
- Alternative dispute resolution (e.g. mediation and adjudication)
How our expertise can help you
Advising on major projects is part and parcel of our everyday work. We are able to provide support for complex projects such as hotels, hospitals, power plants, airports, transport routes and sports facilities at the very highest level, at any time.
Our advice covers the whole of project development, from obtaining development rights through project management and construction contracts to operation, leasing and sale. For cross-border projects, we also have expertise in international contract standards (e.g. FIDIC). Where necessary, we call in our international partners in the CMS organisation.
What others say about us
"The firm's capability in renewable energy and power station construction is particularly notable in development projects."
"Recommended law firm, one of the few major firms that continues to regard its work in private construction law as a core area and which also handles litigation."
"One of the leading firms in environmental and planning law, which is also a strong player in product and contract-related environmental law."