Level 15 Burj Daman
Dubai International Financial Centre
PO Box 506873
United Arab Emirates
Charles is an associate within the CMS Energy, Infrastructure & Projects Group working on both Dubai and Oman client matters. His primary practice involves advising on strategic energy and infrastructure projects, most notably in the water and power sector. He has gained a strong understanding of the required procurement processes for infrastructure projects in the Middle East. This experience was recognised by leading legal directory Legal 500 EMEA 2017 and 2018, in which Charles was named as a "Next Generation Lawyer" for Oman Projects and Energy.
Charles also assists a wide range of corporate clients on matters including, joint ventures, acquisitions, commercial agreements, lease agreements and service agreements.
- Petroleum Development Oman on its, and Oman’s first, competitive procured 120MW Solar IPP.
- Oman Power and Water Procurement Company SAOC on the redesign of its existing private sector contracted electricity capacity procurement process, to introduce greater flexibility with enhanced electricity procurement outcomes for Oman. Currently advising OPWP on its competitive procurement of its first IPP by means of this enhanced procurement process (i.e. Power 2022).
- Oman Power and Water Procurement Company SAOC in relation to the Musandam IPP.
- Local Oman Power Company in relation to the setting up of a Oman government owned operation and maintenance company to take over the operation and maintenance of the power plant in the Sultanate of Oman.
- Electricity Holding Company SAOC (NAMA Holding), as a subcontractor of PricewaterhouseCoopers, on its restructuring of the water and wastewater sectors in Oman.
- Oman Power and Water Procurement Company in relation to the latest independent water projects, namely Salalah, Sharqiyah and Khasab IWPs, with a combined capacity of 45MIGD.
- Oman Power and Water Procurement Company SAOC on its procurement of Qurayyat IWP.
- Oman Power and Water Procurement Company SAOC on its procurement of Barka 1 Phase II Expansion Project with a capacity of 12MIGD.
- Oman Power and Water Procurement Company SAOC on its procurement of Sur Expansion Project.
2010 – LPC/LLB, College of Law, Guildford.
2009 – GDL, College of Law, Guildford.
2008 – BA Hons, University of Liverpool, Liverpool.
Admitted to the Roll of the Senior Courts of England and Wales