Level 15 Burj Daman
Dubai International Financial Centre
PO Box 506873
United Arab Emirates
Jon Bridgewater is a senior associate working in the infrastructure, construction and energy team in the Dubai office of CMS. Jon advises on contentious and non-contentious construction and energy related matters in the Middle East, generally involving contracts governed by the laws of England and Wales or the United Arab Emirates.
In terms of dispute resolution, Jon focusses particularly on arbitration and has experience of ad hoc as well as institutional proceedings, including those before the International Chamber of Commerce, the Dubai International Arbitration Centre, the Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation and Arbitration Centre, the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce; and the International Centre for Dispute Resolution in the United States.
- An international oil company on a construction dispute in Iraq, subject to DIAC arbitration and English law.
- An international oil company on a construction dispute in Iraq subject to ICC arbitration and English law.
- An international subcontractor in relation to a construction dispute in Abu Dhabi subject to ICC arbitration and UAE law.
- An international consultancy in relation to a construction dispute, with proceedings taking place before the Dubai Courts under UAE law.
- An international oil company in a commercial dispute arising out of an Iraqi project subject to SCC arbitration and English law;
- An international engineering company in respect of an engineering dispute, subject to ad hoc arbitration in Dubai and UAE law.
- An international contractor in respect of a construction dispute, with proceedings taking place before the KSA Courts, subject to KSA law.
- A UAE contractor in a construction dispute relating to a UAE residential development, subject to DIAC arbitration and UAE law.
- A UAE contractor in a construction dispute relating to a Dubai hotel development, subject to DIAC arbitration and UAE law.
- Various entities in relation to applications to enforce or to challenge arabitration awards (both domestic and international) before the UAE Courts and the the Dubai International Financial Centre Courts.
2005 – LPC, University of Northumbria, Newcastle upon Tyne
2004 – LL.B (Hons) University of Northumbria, Newcastle upon Tyne