Level 15 Burj Daman
Dubai International Financial Centre
PO Box 506873
United Arab Emirates
Karim specialises in corporate commercial work with focus on Technology and Corporate Finance. This includes regulatory, investments and digital transformation projects for public and private sectors. Karim has worked as legal director at Clyde & Co in Dubai and Riyadh where he drove the CorpTech practice which focuses on corporate and commercial work relating to suppliers and clients in the ICT sector. Karim had formerly worked as Corporate Counsel at Cisco Systems and Cisco Capital, where he led the Enterprise and Public Sector legal team in MEA and advised on several major projects in technology and technology finance. Karim had also worked as an associate at Levant Law Practice in Riyadh where he provided various legal services for several leading insurance companies and financial services authorised persons in Saudi Arabia.
Karim is known for his commercial savvy and readiness to understand the practicalities of any business he advises on; a key factor for getting the deal done. He works closely with various stakeholders within a client’s structure to ensure that the legal structures and documents he advises on cover all interests. Moreover, Karim has worked on constructing and delivering detailed compliance and ethics trainings for companies in various sectors.
- A multinational ICT company on the acquisition of a minority shareholding in a Saudi JV to achieve 100% ownership.
- The seller on the sale of a controlling share in a regional insurance company covering various countries in the Middle East.
- On the sale of a share in a district cooling company in KSA including the structuring of the sale via fund.
- On the sale of an engineering and architecture firm with offices and operations in KSA and Egypt.
- On the merger of various related companies and providing structuring advice to concentrate equity interests in a Saudi family office.
- Working as the MEA Team Lead Corporate Counsel of Cisco Systems and Cisco Capital which included, among others, advising on various strategic deals including but not limited to a World Cup project, Expo 2020, and Saudi Arabia’s Country Digitisation Acceleration programme.
- On all aspects of the setup and agreements of a leading Saudi e-wallet provider. Work included partnering with the product developers and sales teams for developing various digital payment products and services and drafting a wide range of related agreements and terms and conditions.
- A leading ride hailing company in MEA region over a 6-month term project on day-to-day business, including but not limited to the enablement and launch of operations in new geographical areas.
- On the structuring of a long-term business process outsourcing of a large UAE group that included digitalization, transformation, transition and operations.
2008 - LLM in Corporate Finance, University of Westminster
2006 - BA in Law, La Sagesse University