Co-Head of Corporate UAE
Co-Head of Corporate UAE
Level 15 Burj Daman
Dubai International Financial Centre
PO Box 506873
United Arab Emirates
Mohammed Majid is a partner and Co-Leads the Corporate Team in CMS Dubai. Mohammed has been based in the Middle East since 2011, prior to which he spent the majority of his career as an M&A and private equity lawyer in London.
Mohammed regularly advises local Middle East based-organisations as well as international clients on cross-border corporate, commercial, employment (including DIFC) and regulatory matters in the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, and within the wider Middle East and Africa region. In particular, Mohammed has represented corporates, institutional investors and management teams on the full range of M&A activity across all industry sectors – acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, minority investments, restructurings, private equity and investment work for high-net-worth individuals.
- Union Properties PJSC on the sale of its entire 50% stake in district cooling services provider Emicool to Dubai Investments PJSC for AED500m.
- The shareholders of We Cash Any Car LLC on the sale of the entire shareholding to OLX Group
- Blow Out & Go Group Holdings Limited on the expansion of their technology platform to provide at-home hair and make-up services to customers in the UAE and their launch into Europe.
- On the acquisition of a 5* Hotel in the UAE.
- Julia Group on a joint venture with one of the largest tourism and destination management companies in the MENA region for a unique hospitality concept.
- Etisalat on its disposal of Canar telecommunications company.
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank on the purchase of a portfolio of asset-backed finance loans from Mubadala GE Capital.
- Abraaj Capital in connection with a number of acquisitions.
- RWE Technology on its joint venture with the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) (nominated M&A Deal of the Year, IFLR Middle East Awards 2013).
- SENAAT General Holdings Corporation (a company owned by the Government of Abu Dhabi) on a joint venture with JFE Steel Corporation and Marubeni-Itochu Steel Inc (MISI) to develop and sell steel pipes (the Al Gharbia Pipe Company).
- Equinix Inc. on its acquisition of a data centre in the UAE.
- Souq.com on the share subscription by Naspers, the South African media company.
- Saudi Economic Development Company (SEDCO) on setting up a new Luxembourg-domiciled multi-asset class Islamic umbrella fund, the largest such fund of its type in the world (winner of the Innovation Award at the Legal Week Corporate Counsel Middle East Awards 2014).
- 2000 – LL.M, University of Birmingham, Birmingham
- 1999 – LL.B, University of Leeds, Leeds