Level 15 Burj Daman
Dubai International Financial Centre
PO Box 506873
United Arab Emirates
Patrick is a partner in the CMS Infrastructure, Construction and Energy (ICE) Disputes Team in Dubai.
He acts on contentious and non-contentious construction matters, representing developers, contractors and sub-contractors, and engineering and architectural consultants across the Middle East. Recognized in Legal 500 as “having substantial industry experience” Patrick acts in complex and substantial claims in a variety of dispute forums.
Patrick is admitted to the High Court of New Zealand. Prior to working in the Middle East he was a Partner at a firm in Auckland.
- A M.E.P subcontractor arising out of a substantial educational facility in Abu Dhabi. LCIA/DIFC arbitration involving significant delay and expense claims.
- DIAC arbitration by a U.A.E company concerning a hotel/resort development in Abu Dhabi.
- LCIA/DIFC arbitration between joint venture partners for a new terminal development at Dubai International Airport.
- The MEP subcontractor for claims against the main contractor for a museum development in Doha, Qatar.
- The M.E.P subcontractor for final account claims relating to commercial officer towers in Abu Dhabi.
- A main contractor for claims against the employer relating to the construction of a hotel and office tower development in Dubai.
- A joint venture mechanical works subcontractor on the Midfield Terminal Project at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
- The M.E.P subcontractor for final account claims relating to an educational campus in Doha, Qatar.
- A Saudi Arabian company defending substantial claims by a contractor for the construction of a residential tower in Dubai Marina. DIAC arbitral proceedings in Dubai.
- On behalf of a hotel owner bringing claims against an architect and main contractor due to a defective façade at a hotel in Dubai Marina.
- Acting as “Project Counsel” for a main contractor on a substantial mixed use development in Dubai.
1996 – LLB, Canterbury University, Christchurch, New Zealand
Member of the International Bar Association and the Society of Construction Law