Highlights of our experience in Energy in UAE
- Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority in relation to its US$ multi-million asset purchase of power generation and transmission assets across the United Arab Emirates.
- BP in a deal with TAQA in respect of the disposal of a package of oil & gas assets for a consideration in excess of $1 billion.
- EMIC The incorporated joint venture company between Masdar (the Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company) and E.ON, on the conversion of two (2) single cycle power plants to combined cycle at the Al Ghail & Al Hamra power plants in the Emirate of Ras-Al-Khaimah in the United Arab Emirates.
- The Electricity and Water Authority of the Kingdom of Bahrain, the Authority for Electricity Regulation of the Sultanate of Oman, the UAE Regulation and Supervision Bureau, the Ministry of Electricity and Water of Kuwait, Qatar General Electricity and Water Corporation and the Electricity Regulatory Authority of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on the licensing issues relating to the GCCIA interconnector project spanning all GCC states.
- The Electricity Regulatory Authority of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on the establishment of a restructured electricity system, including drafting primary legislation to regulate the electricity sector .
- The regulator for the nuclear power industry of the United Arab Emirates on all aspects of its commercial, corporate and regulatory activities, including a detailed review of the project financing and construction documentation for the nuclear power plants at Al Barakah.
- An oil major on various day-to-day commercial matters in Iraq including enforcement of guarantees, importation of goods, intellectual property and data storage laws.
- A European oil and gas company on a farm-out and several divestments of its interests in Egypt.
- An American independent oil and gas company on the sale of its Syrian subsidiaries.
- An oilfield services company on setting up of freezone entity in Dubai and advising on various commercial and corporate matters.
- The regional headquarters of major Russian oil company on their activities in the GCC region.
- An oil major of the divestment of a security services equipment and personnel in Middle East.
Please download the print version below.