Are you looking to establish or expand your business in one of the world’s fastest growing markets, but faced with legal challenges? With more than 30 lawyers based in Beijing and Shanghai, we are well placed to support international companies on doing business in China and Chinese enterprises seeking to grow overseas.
CMS has been advising clients on doing business in China for more than 30 years. As one of the top international law firms in China, we are able to support international companies and Chinese enterprises on all their legal needs through our full service offering. Our team of legal and sector experts are from China, Germany, the UK and Poland, and have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Chinese legal and regulatory systems, enabling us to provide you with solution driven and commercial advice. Whether you need corporate/M&A support on strategic projects or foreign direct investment, including the set-up of Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprises (WFOEs) or Joint Ventures (JVs), compliance and other aspects, our team of more than 20 corporate/M&A lawyers can help. For financial matters, particularly regulation and tax, we can guide you through high level regulatory complexities. To properly manage your employees and their benefits, we can enable you to navigate through the maze of China’s employment regulations, contractual agreements and other legal requirements. We can also help you in protecting and enforcing your valuable IP. If you are looking for navigation on highly sensitive and complex dispute matters, we have dedicated teams who will help you manage these issues and minimise risks. In addition, we also advise on commercial and competition law.
We are also sector specialists and understand the unique needs, regulation and challenges of your industry sector, enabling us to provide you with a tailored service that addresses your specific concerns and requirements, particularly in the sectors of automotive, machinery, engineering, lifesciences, energy & infrastructure, technology, media and communications (TMC), private equity, real estate and hotel & leisure.
If you are a Chinese company or individual interested in overseas investment, we are right at your stand with comprehensive knowledge of the European market and legal environment to walk you through the process and a unique coverage of the entire European market with offices in all major commercial centres of Europe.
For support from experienced international legal and sector experts, who can help you grow your business both within and outside of China, please contact us via the online form, email or telephone.
- Top 10 Firm to Watch in China (2016) by Asian Legal Business
- Employer of Choice (2016) by Asian Legal Business
- Band 4 Firm, Lifesciences (2016) by Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific
- China Business Law Awards: Competition and Anti-Trust and Taxation (2015) by China Business Law Journal
- Overall Dispute Resolution Team of the Year in China (2015) by Disputes Awards
- Asia’s Top 50 International Law Firms (2014) by Asian Legal Business
- Top 25 China International Law Firms (No. 8) (2014) by Asian Legal Business
- China Business Law Awards: Taxation (2014) by China Business Law Journal
- M&A Law Firm of the Year (2013) by China Business Law Journal
- China Deal of the Year (2013) by China Business Law Journal
- China Business Law Awards: M&A (2013) by China Business Law Journal