Does your company intend to start doing business in Iran and to develop its activities there? As an Iranian firm, are you interested in the prospects offered by the Western industrialised countries? CMS is the first international law firm to provide support via a dedicated office and team of lawyers in the Iranian capital, Tehran, and is already one of the largest legal services providers in the country. Our successful track record makes us well placed to assist with your needs.
The opportunities for engaging successfully in Iran business are now greater than ever, both for exports from Iran (raw materials) and for imports into one of the largest economies in the Middle East. Following the lifting of sanctions against Iran, assets owned by the Iranian state that were frozen during the embargo are also being released. These substantial sums can now be used for investment both within the country and outside it.
Iran is rich in raw materials, with huge reserves of natural gas and crude oil. Alongside this, the country has a strong industrial tradition and a relatively young population with above-average levels of education. Estimates suggest that with the embargo now lifted, the Iranian economy will grow by four to five per cent a year until 2020.
The CMS Pars team includes lawyers licensed to practice in Iran and is led by CMS partners with many years of experience in advising on international matters. When supporting the projects of multinationals in Iran and those of Iranian companies in Europe and elsewhere, we work with clients in English, German and French, as well as the national language, Persian.
Advisory services to support your business
CMS Pars can assist companies in the following areas around their business activities in Iran and abroad:
- Analysis of the market environment and advice on market entry in Iran and abroad
- Support for business negotiations with international and Iranian partners
- M&A, corporate acquisitions, equity stakes, joint ventures
- Company formation, registration and obtaining of various approvals, including an investment protection licence (FIPPA licence)
- Distribution and commercial agent law, foreign trade law
- Ongoing legal advice and litigation in Iran and before international courts of arbitration
- Work permits, migration law, employee postings, visas
- Sector expertise in the following areas: Automotive, Engineering, Energy, Mining Industry, Banking
Please do not hesitate to contact us – the CMS Pars team is available at any time to discuss your options and your specific requirements with regard to legal advice.