What makes an application successful
Of course, you want your application to get you the right job. And for us, it is important to choose the right people and find the best candidate for the vacant position. The decision of who we invite to a personal interview is solely based on the application documents we receive.
So it pays off to invest time, creativity and care in preparing your document. Here are a few points to bear in mind during this process:
- Your application should include a cover letter, resume and relevant certificates.
- Your cover letter should clearly state why you wish to work with us and what makes you stand out from among all other applicants. Be authentic, we are looking for strong personalities!
- Your resume should be concise and clearly structured. We want to be able to grasp your personal and professional background at a glance. Please be prepared that if there are any “gaps” in your resume, we will be inquiring about them.
- A picture is worth a thousand words. This is also true for your application photo. Think about how you want to present yourself and choose your facial expression, your clothing and design of the photo accordingly. Place your photo on the upper right-hand corner of your resume. Please do not use a photo taken in a private setting.
- Only include certificates that are relevant for the profile of the vacant position. Sort your attachments according to date and importance. Make sure that the attached files are not too big to prevent any problems during e-mail transfer.
- We appreciate a neat and orderly presentation of your application documents without spelling or typing mistakes. It is always a good idea to ask your friends to proofread your application. They will also be able to tell you if your application reflects your personality and whether you’ve presented yourself from your best side.
- Make sure to include complete and up-to-date contact information so that we do not encounter difficulties when contacting you. Let us know if you are unavailable at certain times and when or how we can get best get in touch with you.