Help in Realtime: CMS launches Dawn Raid App
The CMS Competition Group is launching the CMS Dawn Raid Assistant, a free mobile application, to give guidance through the essentials in case of a competition-law dawn raid in 27 CMS countries.
As dawn raids are being more and more common these days with authorities imposing huge fines, inspectors appearing simultaneously at different locations or subsidiaries in different countries, at different companies (competitors, customers, suppliers) and even at the private homes of managers and other employees, we wanted to make sure that our clients can benefit from a real-time, immediate dawn raid assistance via their smart phone in 27 CMS countries.
Downloading the app will grant you access to the following features:
- Emergency button: direct call or e-mail to your selected jurisdiction's local CMS Dawn Raid Team and first guidance on how to react in such a situation
- Instructions: tailored dawn raid checklists for Compliance/Legal teams and Receptionists for 27 CMS countries.
- CMS lawyers: list of local CMS competition dawn raid lawyers, complete with contact information and the ability to set and contact your favourite CMS lawyer.
The premium version of the app will give you access to the following additional features:
- Guidelines: for 27 CMS countries on your obligations and rights during a dawn raid by the national competition authority or the European Commission, available in English and the respective local language.
Access to the basic version of the app with the previously mentioned features is available to all, but in order to access the premium version of the app, which includes national and EU Guidelines for all 27 countries in English and respective local languages*, clients need to request access within the app.
Bernt Elsner, head of CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz's Competition Group, comments: “We are delighted to be launching the CMS Dawn Raid Assistant in 27 CMS countries. This demonstrates our truly European coverage and our clients gain access to the different rules in the various countries on a country-by-country basis.”
Countries covered by the app: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Montenegro, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Ukraine
For more information about the CMS Dawn Raid Assistant, please click here.
* The app navigation will be primarily in English.
Photos of Bernt Elsner for use free of charge can be found here: http://download.cms-rrh.com/presse/index.html#elsner