Before joining CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz, Andreas Jöst was a university assistant at the University of Vienna’s Department of Labour Law. He also worked for a major energy and infrastructure group for ten years, where he most recently headed the HR strategy and corporate group labour law division. Andreas Jöst thus has a strong background both in labour law theory and day-to-day business and is very experienced with questions relating to outsourced companies and utility companies. Andreas Jöst has also participated in negotiations between the social partners on the topics of works and collective agreements and the establishment of new structures with a bearing on labour (and public sector employment) law, for instance with regard to work hours and remuneration. He is also an expert in corporate restructurings (outsourcing). Not only did he investigate this topic in the course of his doctoral dissertation, he has since advised on numerous restructuring projects and operative change processes.
Further fields of focus in his work include legislation on work hours and work contracts (e.g. manager contracts and the design of part-time work contracts for senior employees), public sector employment law in Vienna and the rollout of labour law compliance systems (e.g. control systems under administrative criminal law, “triangle of obligations”).
Andreas Jöst is also a sought-after speaker at meetings and conventions.
- 2003 Completion of doctoral studies in law (University of Vienna)
- 1998 Completion of diploma studies in law (University of Vienna)
- Praxishandbuch Gleitzeit (Manual on the practice of flexitime, Facultas 2014, 2nd edition, German publication): co-author
- Das Arbeitsrecht – System und Praxiskommentar (Labour law – system and commentary on its practice, Lexis Nexis, current edition, German publication): author of the chapter on the transfer of enterprises
- Zeller Handbuch Arbeitsvertrags-Klauseln (Zeller manual on employment-contract provisions, Manz 2010, German Publication): author of the chapters on agreements on normal working hours, flexitime agreements, lump-sum overtime pay and all-inclusive employment contracts
- Der Betriebsübergang. Europarechtliche Vorgaben und deren Umsetzung in Österreich (Transfer of enterprises. European legislation and its implementation in Austria. Braumüller 2004, German publication)