Hans A. Lederer is Counsel and specialises in trademark, design, copyright, access control and unfair competition law as well as the development, implementation and coordination of (mostly transnational) anti-counterfeiting strategies. His expertise includes intellectual property and unfair competition litigation, trademark and music licensing, drafting and negotiating contracts, advising on copyright levies, prosecution of intellectual property rights and portfolio management. His industry focus is on media, in particular broadcasting and music, travel and leisure, food and drink producers, sports, software and computer services as well as agrochemicals.
“The dynamics and innovations driving these sectors require creative and forward-looking legal approaches and arguments based on in-depth knowledge of the industries as well as the relevant legal provisions.”
Before joining CMS Vienna, Hans A. Lederer worked as a project manager and lawyer for the Secretariat-General of the Austrian Red Cross for more than four years. Today, he still volunteers for the organisation.
He studied law at the University of Innsbruck (Austria), the University of Caen (France) and the University of Vienna (Austria).
In 2001/2002, Hans A. Lederer was a member of the Brussels-based International Board of the European Law Students’ Association.
“Time with my family, visiting concerts and travelling are a constant source of new ideas.”
- 2004 – Faculty of Law, Universities of Innsbruck (Austria), Caen (France) and Vienna (Austria)
- Vienna Bar Association
- Österreichische Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (ÖV)
- Markenrecht: Seniorität einer Unionsmarke und nachträgliche Ungültigkeitsfeststellung (Trademark law: seniority of a Union trademark and subsequent invalidation, German publiction), EuZW 2018, 498
- "Baucherlwärmer" – EuGH zur Konnexität von Verletzungs- und Widerklageverfahren bei Unionsmarken (European Court of Justice on the connection between infringement and counterclaim proceedings concerning Union trademarks, German publication), November 2017
- Aktuelle Neuerungen im österreichischen Markenrecht (Current innovations in Austrian trademark law, German publication), Oktober 2017
- Egon Engin-Deniz/Hans Lederer, Rechtserhaltende Benutzung einer Marke – „Kornspitz“-Gebäck (The use of the brand “Kornspitz” bread in such a manner as to maintain the rights, German publication), MR-Int 2014, 95
- EU rüstet auf im Kampf gegen Produktpiraterie (EU arms itself in the fight against product piracy, German publication), Der Standard, 22 April 2014
- Verletzungsklage gegen Inhaber einer jüngeren Gemeinschaftsmarke (Infringement claim against holders of a recent Community trade mark, German publication), EuZW 2013, 344