Jia Schulz-Cao joined the intellectual property team at CMS in Vienna in 2012. Since April 2018, he has supported the team as an associate. He specialises in the fields of intellectual property, lifesciences & healthcare as well as technology, media & communications.
After studying law at the University of Vienna and the University of Sheffield, UK, he completed a research semester as a senior visiting scholar at Tsinghua University’s School of Law in Beijing, China, where he acquired knowledge of Chinese IP law. Following his studies in China, Jia Schulz-Cao worked as a trainee lawyer in the European and international legal affairs department of the European Patent Office in Munich. At the moment, he is also working on his dissertation, a comparative analysis of Chinese trademark law, at the University of Vienna.
- Since 2015 – Doctorate programme at the Faculty of Law, University of Vienna
- 2017/2018 – Legal traineeship at the Higher Regional Court of Vienna
- 2016/2017 – Senior visiting scholar, School of Law, Tsinghua University, China
- 2015 – Diploma studies at the Faculty of Law, University of Vienna
- 2012/13 – Erasmus semester, University of Sheffield, UK
- Vienna Bar Association
- Joseph von Sonnenfels Center for the Study of Public Law and Economics
- Engin-Deniz/Schulz-Cao, EU-Markenrechtsreform tritt in Kraft (Reform of EU trademark law comes into force)