Lukas J. Peissl joined CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz as an associate in January 2018. Before that, he was a project assistant at the Institute for Civil and Business Law at the Vienna University of Economics and Business and worked at two leading international law firms, where he advised and represented large state-affiliated and private companies in proceedings before public courts and arbitral tribunals. He also advised clients on corporate law and real estate law matters, particularly with regard to disputes following M&A transactions.
At CMS, Lukas J. Peissl focuses on dispute resolution in and out of court and representing clients before arbitral tribunals (ICC, VIAC, UNCITRAL, Swiss Rules). He particularly supports companies dealing with corporate law and construction law disputes. He also advises and represents HNWI in matters related to inheritance law and company succession.
- Advising several construction working groups in and out of court on claims made in infrastructure projects for additional costs in the amount of several tens of millions of euros.
- Advising and representing a client in ad-hoc arbitration proceedings regarding the contestation of shareholders’ decisions.
- Advising and representing a state-owned company in ICC arbitration proceedings related to FIDIC contracts.
- Advising and representing a client in a case involving compensation claims among shareholders due to a violation of fiduciary duties.
- 2015: LL.M. – Vienna University of Economics and Business
- 2013: LL.B. – Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP)
- Austrian Society of Construction Law (ÖGEBAU)
- Vienna Bar Association
- Peissl, Anmerkung zu OGH 7 Ob 67/17d (Sicherstellung bei Werkverträgen), (comment on ruling OGH 7 Ob 67/17d (indemnity in contracts for work and services)), EvBl 2018/18.
- Peissl, Anmerkung zu OGH 7 Ob 115/16m (Gesamtnichtigkeit des Vertrages), (comment on ruling OGH 7 Ob 115/16m (overall invalidity of the contract)), EvBl 2016/155.
- Peissl, The Business Judgment Rule and its Impact on Austrian Law, Journal of Jurisprudence and Legal Practice 2016, 352 (co-authored with P. Nimmerfall).
- Peissl, Anmerkung zu OGH 1 Ob 41/15h (Verjährung), (comment on ruling OGH 1 Ob 41/15h (statute of limitations)), EvBl 2015/152.
- Peissl, Tagung Gemeindeinsolvenz – Rückblick (conference on insolvency of municipalities – review), Zak 2015/589.
- Grundlagen Rechtswissenschaftliches Arbeiten (principles of research in law), Vienna University of Economics and Business, summer semester 2015.