Sonja Otenhajmer specialises in litigation and arbitration as well as business and corporate law, with a particular focus on international arbitration.
She holds a degree from the University of Vienna (Mag. iur., with distinction). Prior to joining CMS as an associate in 2016, Sonja Otenhajmer gained extensive experience working as a lecturer and research assistant at the Department of Civil Procedure at the University of Vienna as well as at renowned international law firms in Vienna and Madrid.
Sonja Otenhajmer speaks English, German, Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian and Spanish and has a basic command of Italian.
- 2012 – 2014 – University assistant at the University of Vienna’s Department of Civil Procedure
- 2010 – 2015 – Practical experience at renowned law firms (Vienna, Madrid)
- 2015 – Faculty of Law at the Union University, Belgrade (Mag. iur.)
- 2014/2015 – Legal traineeship at the Higher Regional Court of Vienna
- 2012 – Faculty of Law at the University of Vienna (Mag. iur.)
- 2011 – Faculty of Law at the University of Bologna (Erasmus)
- YAAP – Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners
- Comment on Supreme Court ruling OGH 4 Ob 71/14s, EvBl 2015/2 re claims for injunctive relief against access-provider
- Internationale Wirtschaftsmediation im studentischen Wettbewerb (International commercial mediation in student competitions), JAP 2013/2014/04
- Comment on Supreme Court ruling OGH 8 ObS 14/12k, ÖJZ 2013/78, 550
- Sind Leasingentgelte für Superädifikate Sondermassekosten? (Can leasing costs for buildings on third-party property be considered special liquidation costs?) ZIK 2010/181, 126
- 2014 – Presentation on mediation and negotiation techniques, Aarhus University, Denmark
- 2013 – 2014 – University lecturer for civil procedure law at the University of Vienna
- 2013/2014 – ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition, Paris, Coach of the Viennese team