Theresa Lotter joined CMS in Vienna as an attorney-at-law in September 2017 and mainly works in the capital markets field. She studied law at the Universities of Tübingen and Vienna (Erasmus exchange semester), graduating in 2015 with the first state examination. She already worked for CMS in Stuttgart and Vienna, mainly focusing on corporate law and M&A, in the course of the two-year professional legal training following her academic studies. She was also a research assistant to a corporate and capital markets law professor at the University of Tübingen’s Faculty of Law.
Upon passing the second state examination in the summer of 2017, Theresa Lotter was admitted to the Tübingen Bar Association as an attorney-at-law. She is also registered as an established European lawyer in Vienna.
Theresa Lotter offers comprehensive support to clients in the fields of banking and capital markets law as well as corporate law. She speaks German and English.
- April 2015-April 2017: professional legal training (Federal State of Baden-Württemberg), completed at the following institutions and organisations:
- Regional Court of Tübingen
- Public prosecution office of Tübingen
- CMS Hasche Sigle, Stuttgart
- Regional council of Tübingen
- CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz, Vienna
(Professional legal training completed with second state examination)
- February 2015-September 2016: research assistant to the Chair in Civil Law, Trade and Commercial Law, Comparative Law and Legal Theory
- April 2010-January 2015: student assistant to the Chair in Civil Law, Trade and Commercial Law, Comparative Law and Legal Theory
- February-March 2012: internship in the legal department of a renowned Vienna-based business in the field of logistics, storage solutions and asset management
- September 2011: Chamber of Pharmacists Baden-Württemberg, Stuttgart, internship
- August-September 2010: internship at a law firm, St. Pölten
- 2017 – Second state examination (with honours), Higher Regional Court of Stuttgart
- 2015 – First state examination (with honours), University of Tübingen
- 2011 – Exchange semester, University of Vienna
- Vienna Bar Association
- Tübingen Bar Association
- Juristische Gesellschaft Tübingen e.V.
- Phi Delta Phi - Richard von Weizsäcker Inn Tübingen e.V.
- 2015 – Fallbesprechungen (Übungen): Rechtsgeschäftslehre und allgemeines Schuldrecht, (Case review (exercises): Teachings on legal transactions and general law of obligations), University of Tübingen