Corporate area has a large experience in the legal advice and assistance to companies, carrying out the strategic follow-up of same within the ambit of decisions taking critical to the success of these companies.
In the course of our activity we have been assisting national and international companies with their most relevant growth operations, our clients benefiting from expert lawyers with a wide track record in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and corporate finance.
We assist both domestic and cross-border transactions, with multidisciplinary teams at the service of our clients, with abilities in the most relevant Pan-European jurisdictions.
Our team is involved in all issues connected with Corporate Law and transactions, notably:
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestments
- Private Equity (LBOs, MBOs and MBIs)
- Companies restructuring (reorganisations, division of companies and dissolutions)
- Corporate Finance
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Corporate governance
- Due diligence processes prior to the acquisition or merger of companies and corporate groups
- Restructuring and reorganisations of national and international groups
- Our corporate team has been providing advice and legal assistance to a rather diversified set of national and international clients (banks, credit institutions, private equity and venture capital and corporate groups) and has been involved in different types of transactions in multiple activity sectors well known to the team.
Band 2: "The team is experienced, technically very knowledgeable and has proven the ability to anticipate and deal with critical issues during and after transactions".
Chambers & Partners 2017
Tier 2: "The very professional and available" team at CMS is jointly headed by João Caldeira and Francisco Xavier de Almeida.
Legal 500 2017