Intellectual property is a crucial asset for the success of a company and its correct management is not limited to obtaining records. This is a transversal matter that must accompany all processes and relationships of a company, with its employees, suppliers and clients and that can determine the success or failure of a business and commercial project.
The lack of an adequate strategy to protect your intellectual property rights may result in third parties being able to affect the operation of your company and prevents agile and effective actions against third parties.
CMS Rodríguez-Azuero is able to advise national and multinational clients regarding the protection of their product and service brands, commercial slogans, trade names, invention patents, industrial designs, utility models, copyrights and related rights and plant breeder's rights and domain names.
Our services include:
- Feasibility and registrability analysis for trademarks, patents, models and industrial designs
- Prosecution of trademarks, patents, models and industrial designs, including handling of requirements, oppositions of third parties or rejections
- Management of industrial property rights portfolios
- Actions for infringement of industrial property rights (preliminary and judiciary)
- Dealing of agreements, licensing, R&D joint ventures, among others
Our team in Colombia is part of a global team of more than 150 lawyers specializing in Intellectual Property in offices in 40 countries.