- TMC - Technology, Media & Communications
Mid-level Technology Lawyer
Brussels, BelgiumShow all vacancies
CMS is looking for an associate (W/M) in order to strengthen its technology team in Brussels.
About our technology practice
CMS’s technology practice is one of the leading technology practices in Belgium and Europe. The practice is unmatched in the breadth of issues it deals with and its client base:
- It is known for its in-depth knowledge and experience in all technology related legal areas (including IT law, contract law), data protection and privacy, all areas of IP (domain names, trademarks, copyright, models and designs, patents, etc.), telecom regulatory, trade practices, e-commerce, media and entertainment, pharma regulatory, strategic licensing, etc.
- It works for a large variety of different types of clients: large multinational companies, large Belgian companies as well as emerging enterprises in many different sectors including heavy industry, life sciences, technology, media and press, telecoms, FMCG, e-commerce, food, retail.
- It offers the full range of legal services to its clients: litigation, transactional and advisory.
- Its technology work is internationalising rapidly: its technology practice is at the heart of CMS’s international Technology Media & Communications (TMC) group consisting of a large number of TMC lawyers in more than 61 offices around the world. More and more clients are therefore turning to them for multi-jurisdictional legal assistance (e.g. negotiating a large telecommunications sourcing contract covering more than 25 countries; implementing the new EU data protection rules in 30 countries (inside and outside of the EU); etc.). Although many of these matters/projects are being led by the Belgian lawyers, many of these matters/projects have little to no connection with Belgium or with Belgian law.
What we are looking for
- You obtained a Master in law with excellent academic results.
- You are an ambitious lawyer with a strong passion for technology.
- You have relevant experience (preferably as part of an international environment) in handling technology matters/projects/litigation (e.g. IT sourcing projects; cloud computing; big data, data protection and information security; technology licensing; e-commerce; electronic signatures; media & entertainment; telecom regulatory matters; intellectual property).
- You have an excellent knowledge of English, Dutch and French.
- You are a team player with excellent legal capabilities, entrepreneurial spirit and good communication skills.
- You are imaginative and business-savvy.
If you are interested in a collaboration with CMS please send your CV with a cover letter to Natacha De Greef by email: [email protected].