Chaussée de La Hulpe 178
Deven specializes in Information Technology law, Data Protection & Privacy, and Intellectual Property matters including Trade Marks, Copyright, Unfair Trade Practices and Media law. Deven advises national and international clients regarding all aspects of Data Protection, drafting and negotiating IT contracts, outsourcing and other ICT or e-commerce related projects.
As a technology lawyer, Deven has a special interest in Blockchain technology, Fintech-Insurtech, 3D Printing and Online Intermediaries.
Deven holds an LL.M. in IP and ICT law from the Catholic University of Leuven (Brussels) and obtained his Master of Laws degree at the University of Ghent.
Deven joined CMS’ tech & data practice in 2019, after experiences in the IP/IT departments of leading Belgian law firms.
- 2016 - 2017: Associate IP department - Altius
- 2017 - 2018: Junior Associate IP/IT department - Osborne Clarke
- 2016 – University of Ghent, UGent (Master of Laws)
- 2016 – Bar admission (Brussels, Belgium)
- 2017 – Catholic University of Leuven, KU Leuven - CiTiP (LL.M IP and ICT Law)