Chaussée de La Hulpe 178
Guillaume joined the Banking & Finance Practice Group in November 2017, joining from an international law firm where he worked for over two years in Brussels and Antwerp.
Guillaume has experience in advising financial institutions on a wide variety of regulatory matters applicable to credit institutions, investment firms, funds and fund managers, insurance companies and credit and insurance intermediaries. He specializes in insurance regulations, including prudential regulations (Solvency II), conduct of business rules (MiFID-assurance) and product regulations (focusing on life insurance). He developed an in-depth knowledge in advising insurance undertakings with their operations in Belgium in the context of Brexit. He also has experience in advising on other European financial regulations such as MiFID, payment services, prospectus, anti-money laundering, etc. He also has broad experience in advising on cross-border financial transactions, including acquisition finance, real estate financing, refinancing and corporate lending.
- Junior Associate at Allen & Overy (Belgium) LLP, Banking & Finance (2015-2017)
- Seconded to the legal department of ING Belgium for 3 months to assist with the implementation of MiFID II (2018)
- Seconded to the legal department of North Europe Life Belgium for 2 months to advise on life insurance matters (2018)
- 2015 – University of Louvain-La-Neuve, UCL (Master in Business Law)
- 2015 – Erasmus Programme at the Queen’s University Belfast
- 2015 – Bar admission (Brussels, Belgium)
- « Les sondages de marché sous le règlement abus de marché », Cah. Jur., 2017, book 1, 1-10