Chaussée de La Hulpe 178
Hanne joined CMS' Public Law department in May 2012. She specializes in European Law, mainly competition law (mergers and antitrust regulation, state aid, etc.) and the fundamental EU freedoms (services, establishment and capital).
She is particularly active in the following sectors: transport, public investments and public service missions (financing of activities and infrastructure).
She has also gained the necessary experience in the medical sector: free movement of medical devices and medicines, parallel import, abuse of dominant position,…
Hanne Baeyens is currently developing its expertise in aviation matters and the airport sector. She participates in the representation of Belgium with regard to the investigation by the Commission on the financing of Ryanair and Charleroi Airport. She also participates in the preparation and presentation of notifications to the European Commission for regional authorities and Flemish, French, Dutch and Spanish airports.
- 2010 - University of Gent, UG, (Law degree)
- 2011 - University of Brussels, ULB (LLM in European Law)
- 2012 - Bar admission (Brussels, Belgium)
- "Bevestiging door Gerecht van de EU dat de Duitse EEG wet van 2012 betreffende duurzame energie staatssteun uitmaakt", Annuaire Pratiques du marché 2016, Wolters Kluwer (2018), p. 880.
- “Verordening (EU) nr 2017/352 van 15 februari 2017”, RDIR, 2017/1, p. 108.
- Co-author of the article “Introduction of high-risk medical devices: national measures that can be taken under the current European legislation to put the patient interest central", Expert Review of Medical Devices, 4 February 2017.
- Co-author of the book "101 juridische vragen over concurrentie", Intersentia, 2016.
- "Les obligations de service public dans le secteur du transport aérien en droit européen", with Annabelle Lepièce, RDIR, 2015/04, pp. 419 - 428
- "Wetten van 13 februari 2015", RDIR, 2015/02, p. 257
- Co-author of the ‘KCE-rapport 249’ “Towards a guided and phased introduction of high-risk medical devices in Belgium”, 7th July 2015, https://kce.fgov.be/publication/report/towards-a-guided-and-phased- introduction-of-high-risk-medical-devices-in-belgium
- "Koninklijk Besluit van 25 april 2014 tot goedkeuring van het derde beheerscontract tussen de Staat en Belgocontrol", RDIR-TRNI 2014/3, 2014, p. 377
- "EU competition law: price fixing in the e-book market", with Annabelle Lepièce, Journal of E- commerce Law & Policy, January 2013