Chaussée de La Hulpe 178
John specializes in tax law. He advises both national and international clients on all tax aspects and assists them in tax litigation.
Following obtaining an L.L.M degree in Berkeley, University of California in 2017, John has passed the New York Bar exam this year and will be admitted to the New York Bar. In 2018 he has been doing pro bono work in Los Angeles for Learning Rights Law Center which is trying to ensure access to education for low-income and disabled children. He assisted writing the legal book they publish with regards to the legal issues arising in learning rights in the US. Such book aims at giving information and legal advices to parents with disabled children. He also helped them on a day to day basis with interviews of clients and drafting legal advice.
- 2017 – Passed the New York Bar exam, registration pending
- 2017 – University of California Berkeley, UCB (LL.M)
- 2016 – Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (Executive master in Finance)
- 2014 – Bar admission (Brussels, Belgium)
- 2014 – Vrij Brussels, VUB (LL.M in Tax law)
- 2013 – Free University Brussels, ULB (Master in Law)
- “Trump’s tax returns released: Why president Trump want to abolish the A.M.T.?” in Berkeley Business Law Journal – April 2017
- “A.I.G.’s Former Chief Executive Agreed to Settle in Accounting Fraud Case” in Berkeley Business Law Journal – March 2017
- 2015 “Belgium targets low-tax wealth structures with its new “Cayman Tax””, www.Lexgo.be, www.Lawnow.com, C’M’S’ newsletter
- 2015 “New Royal Decree related to the obligation to declare foreign bank accounts”, www.Lexgo.be, www.Lawnow.com, C’M’S’ newsletter
- 2015 “Belgian tax on collective investment vehicles would be contrary to European law” www.Lexgo.be, www.Lawnow.com, C’M’S’ newsletter