Chaussée de La Hulpe 178
Sophie practices various aspects of labour law and social security law (counselling as well as litigation).
In addition to assisting clients on day-to-day human resources issues (employment contracts, transactions, individual dismissals), Sophie has developed a broad experience in collective employment issues such as national and cross-border transfers of undertakings, business reorganisations and collective dismissals.
She regularly advises clients on their policies with regards to well-being at work, work regulations and working duration.
Sophie also carries out legal audits.
- Advising a leading newspaper distributor on the reorganisation of the company, including closing a department and collective dismissal
- Advising various companies on the introduction of new work organisation systems, in particular work duration and flexibility (e.g. the introduction of 24h/7 day working schedules in a company active in the food sector)
- Assisting a bank group with the transfer and integration of employees within the scope of C.B.A. 32bis
- Advising a European cement industry group on the social aspects connected to the restructuring of its business
- Assisting various international groups on the social aspects of a cross-border merger
- 2004 - University of Louvain, UCL (Law Degree)
- 2005 - University of Ghent, RUG (Master European Law)
- 2005 - Bar admission (Brussels, Belgium)
- Seminar “Alcool et drogues dans l’entreprise”, October 2009 and March 2010: Business Professional-training
- "Les aspect sociaux de la loi relative à la continuité des entreprises" within the framework of the seminar "La loi relative à la continuité des entreprises : une réalité utile pour les entreprises dans le contexte actuel de la crise", (Chamber of commerce and of industry of Belgian Luxembourg), October 2009
- Internal seminars on the transfer of undertakings under Belgian law