May 2009 newsletter
The goal of our newsletter is to keep you abreast of recent legal and tax developments in the various areas where our firm has recognised expertise. If you want to subscribe to the CMS DeBacker newsletter, please send an e-mail to [email protected].
In this edition of our newsletter, you will discover an impressive variety of recent legal developments in seven practice areas of our firm. Below, a quick snapshot of the most interesting ones:
- Retail and Competition: the European Court of Justice has ruled that the general prohibition of combined offers to consumers breaches EU Law;
- Corporate and M&A: the second edition of the Belgian Code of Corporate Governance has been published and shareholders relations should benefit from the decision of the Belgian Supreme Court regarding put options;
- GreenLaw: in the energy and environment sector, the European Parliament is about to adopt two significants sets of legislatives measures;
- Public Procurement & PPP: The European Council of Ministers has adopted a new Directive promoting the use of clean and energy efficient vehicles by public authorities;
- Tax & Estate Planning: the Flemish Region has adopted a favorable legislation for real estate traders and the Walloon Region has reduced the property transfer tax on polluted soils.
Please also have a special attention at the first edition of our brand new Health newsletter, the publication of which reflects the steady growth of our practice in this area.