78 Cannon Street
Emma Riddle is a partner in our international Finance practice, specialising in restructuring and insolvency. Emma joined CMS in 2010 and relocated to Rio in 2015.
Emma has experience acting for creditors, debtors and other stakeholders in distressed situations. In recent years, Emma has focused on distress in the energy sector, working on a wide range of transactions in Europe, Brazil, the Middle East and West Africa.
- OSX Group, part of Eike Batista’s X Group, on the restructuring of c USD 2bn financial indebtedness.
- Premier Oil on financial aspects of the Sea Lion project in the Falklands Islands.
- Premier Oil on the solvent restructuring of its interest in the Solan oil field and associated financing.
- UK Noreco companies on issues arising from the restructuring of Norwegian bond indebtedness.
- International oil independent on security and insolvency issues in relation to its Middle Eastern interests.
- Project finance lenders on the restructuring of indebtedness to protect from bank insolvency risk.
- Counterparties on the insolvency of a European power plant.
- An international energy and mining company on the insolvency of an electricity distributor.
- A construction company on the insolvency of its joint venture party.
- An oil refinery on the insolvency of OW Bunker.
- 1999 - BA (Hons), St. Anne’s College, Oxford University, Oxford