Consultores em Direito Estrangeiro
Travessa do Ouvidor 50
5 Andar - Centro
Rio de Janeiro - RJ - CEP 20040-040
Glenn McDonald is an experienced corporate and projects lawyer working in our Rio de Janeiro office. He has been living and working in Brazil as a lawyer and entrepreneur for nine years, and consequently has an excellent understanding of local business customs.
He advises on major projects and corporate transactions in Brazil and internationally, and also advises on EPC and other contracts in the oil, gas, infrastructure and ship building sectors in Brazil, as well as corporate finance, joint ventures and cross border acquisitions and disposals. He also advises on compliance matters including the UK Bribery Act.
Prior to joining CMS, Glenn was the in-house lawyer for a London-based investment house where he worked on a variety of investment projects in the UK, Africa and South America. H
- OSX Brasil S.A. - Negotiated international EPC, framework supply and engineering contracts for the supply of high value equipment for construction of the largest shipyard construction project of the Americas.
- OSX Construção Naval S.A. – advised and negotiated major subcontracts with international suppliers for the construction of a pipe lay support vessel as well as on alternative construction arrangements during the group restructuring.
- Various international companies – advised on construction contracts and subcontracts for FPSOs (Floating Production, Storage and Offloading vessels) as well as other contracts during the lifecycle such as charter, services, O&M, lay-up, ship management etc.
- Clyde Blowers Capital – advised the Allrig Group on acquisition of the international operations of Brazilian and international oilfield service company, IRM Services.
- Russian nuclear power company – advising on establishment in Brazil.
- Brazilian defence company – coordinating set-up of operations in Singapore and Abu Dhabi.
- Stargate Capital – in respect to structuring, shareholder arrangements and capital raising for various projects in Peru and Africa as well as on taking equity stakes in various high growth potential UK and European companies.
- Dutch chemicals company on the disposal of Brazilian subsidiary, together with associated, trade mark, licensing, manufacturing and distribution arrangements.
- CTS Eventim, the German and market leading event company, on establishment in Brazil and its successful award of the contract to supply the ticketing services for the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- 1994 - Legal Practice Course, Chester College of Law
- 1993 - Common Professional Examination in English Law, University of Central Lancashire
- 1992 - B.Sc. Applied Chemistry, Aston University, Birmingham
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Registered with the Brazilian Bar (OAB) as a foreign legal consultant.
- 2015 - Lexis Nexis section on doing business in Brazil
- 2014 - Seminar given to visiting trade mission at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce in Rio de Janeiro on doing business in Brazil and dealing with Petrobras.
- 2011 - Talk on English contract law given to Brazilian lawyers at the Instituto Brasileiro de Petróleo.