Highlights of our experience in Banking & Finance in Brazil
- Aareal Bank on the negotiation of a USD 90m structured refinancing for the construction and operation of a luxury hotel in Mayakobá, Mayan Riviera.
- A Brazilian steel group on security and guarantees supporting a EUR 44m ECA backed loan to acquire a steel mill from an EU manufacturer.
- China Development Bank on financing of the acquisition of a large tract of Brazilian rural land through the acquisition of an offshore holding company.
- Clydesdale Bank on a borrower’s expansion into Brazil and associated surety and enforcement issues. FPSO ‘OSX 1’, FPSO ‘OSX 2’, FPSO ‘OSX-3’. In respect of separate financings of USD 420m by a syndicate led by DVB Group Merchant Bank (Asia) Ltd; USD 850m from a separate syndicate, and the issue of USD 500m secured bonds, arranged and managed by Pareto Securities and DnB Markets in Norwegian High Yield Debt market. Proceeds were employed in the construction and operation of the vessels.
- A British supplier of heavy machinery on surety arrangements and cross-border issues in respect of its Brazilian business and potential enforcement issues in Brazil.
- A lending syndicate on a USD 115m loan to the Orient-Express Hotels group in connection with the Copacabana Palace Hotel in Rio de Janeiro.
- The Kor Group on the financing of the construction of a tourist development in the Mayan Riviera involving a United States hotel operator for an amount in excess of USD 150m.
- OSX Brasil SA on the restructuring of all aspects of its Brazilian offshore marine business, dealing with its state bank and international creditors in respect of its c. USD 2bn of project financings, amending and terminating commercial contracts and advising on disputes and settlements resulting from the financial difficulties of its main client, OGX, and group bankruptcy protection proceedings.
Please download the print version below.
Banking & Finance
PDF 284.2 kB