Highlights of our experience in Hotels & Leisure in Brazil
- A leading international hotels group on managing a portfolio of litigation arising out the closure of hotels in Brazil, as well as related arbitration proceedings.
- CTS Eventim (A leader in international ticketing and events management) on in its successful bid to provide ticketing services to the 2016 Olympic & Paralympic Games; including acting as local representative, assisting in the negotiation of contracts with the Rio 2016 Organising Committee, incorporating a Brazilian subsidiary, assisting with the opening of bank accounts and coordinating advice on taxation, immigration, importation and the leasing of commercial and residential properties.
- A syndicate of lenders on a US$115m loan to the Orient-Express Hotels group and the taking of security over the Copacabana Palace Hotel in Rio de Janeiro.
- British entrepreneurs on the structuring of a new hotel development project in Rio de Janeiro, on contracting with major project counterparties and seeking equity investment from institutions and high net worth individuals.
- CTS Eventim on the establishment of a joint venture for Brazilian events ticketing with Sony.
- A European hotel sector company on the establishment of a Brazilian joint venture to develop the local market.
Please download the print version below
Hotels & Leisure
PDF 146.3 kB