Highlights of our experience in Infrastructure & Projects in Brazil
- A Brazilian oil company on the structuring of ownership interests and capacity rights in a major offshore gas pipeline system, as well as in relation to claims for variation orders under the pipeline installation contract resulting from protracted delays in environmental licensing.
- MRP International on the regulation of the Porto Maravilha urban redevelopment project in Rio de Janeiro and on its joint venture with the Trump Organization for the high profile Trump Towers Rio project, one of the largest commercial property developments in Latin America.
- FPSO ‘OSX 1’, FPSO ‘OSX 2’, FPSO ‘OSX-3’ in respect of separate financings of USD 420 million by a syndicate led by DVB Group Merchant Bank (Asia) Ltd; USD 850 million from a separate syndicate, and the issue of USD 500 million secured bonds, arranged and managed by Pareto Securities and DnB Markets in Norwegian High Yield Debt market. Proceeds were employed in the construction and operation of these oil production platforms.
- OSX Construção Naval on contracts for construction of a major shipyard complex to supply vessels and platforms to the offshore oil and gas industry, including the international procurement of major items of machinery and equipment and advice on claims relating to delays, demurrage, damage in transit, defects and variation orders.
- OSX Leasing Group on contracts for the construction of two fixed wellhead platforms for use in the development of oilfields offshore Brazil, as well the separate procurement of drilling package units and vessels and services for the installation and offshore integration of the platforms.
- Eneva on the calling of performance bonds with banks in Italy and Portugal in relation to breaches by its EPC contractor for the construction of a thermal power plant in the north east of Brazil, and in relation to arbitration and English High Court proceedings brought against an equipment supplier.
- GDF Suez Energy on various major construction projects and disputes across Latin America, including for power plants, transmission lines and LNG importation facilities in Peru, Chile, Uruguay and Brazil.
- Bank of America Leasing on BAML on its participation in a Brazilian drillship financing, including due diligence review on the underlying credit documentation and advice on commercial terms, bankability and, in particular, product and asset liability.
- A Floating LNG company on the proposed pre- and post-delivery financing of an FSRU vessel on charter in Brazilian territorial waters.
- A European supplier of concrete and steel structure to civil engineering projects on its entry into the Brazilian market, tax structuring and contracting matters.
Please download the print version below
Infrastructure & Projects
PDF 324.8 kB