Webinar: Cybersecurity in Asia Pacific: What you need to know
In this day and age of unprecedented technological change and advancement, the boundaries between physical and digital worlds are rapidly disintegrating. While the likes of new and complex technologies like big data, analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence and the internet of things provide the potential of unparalleled growth opportunities, we are also witnessing an acceleration in collection, storage and dissemination of confidential data for malicious purposes.
In the Asia-Pacific region, this is further compounded by the fact that cybersecurity is still a relatively new initiative. Businesses and governments are thus under pressure to rethink production, management and governance systems. Few countries have implemented national cybersecurity strategies, and not many organizations are equipped to keep up with ever-evolving threats and regulations.
This webinar examines some of the critical issues arising from the evolving cybersecurity landscape in the region, and key points to take note of in preparing your organisation against cyber threats and attacks:
- Overview of cybersecurity landscape in the APAC region, particularly Singapore and China
- Imposition of minimum cybersecurity standards
- Data protection and data localisation requirements
- Cybersecurity breaches – incident responses and the government’s right to investigation and mitigation
- A sectoral view: a discussion on how cybersecurity laws may impact certain sectors more than others (e.g. regulated sectors like financial services and life sciences sector)
Join our key speakers who each have established experience advising in the TMT space in the region and internationally, as they share their market expertise and insights from their experience.
- 15 November