Aileen Truttmann, LL.M.
Aileen Truttmann, LL.M.
Rue Bovy-Lysberg 2
P.O. Box 5824
1211 Geneva 11
Aileen Truttmann is Counsel within the CMS Dispute Resolution and Commercial Practice Groups. She is also a substitute judge at the Swiss Federal Court.
As a lawyer, Aileen Truttmann specialises in commercial litigation and international arbitration. She acts as an adviser or arbitrator in international commercial arbitrations. She also advises and represents clients in Swiss courts in commercial, mainly international cases.
Aileen Truttmann joined CMS in May 2015. Prior to that, after obtaining a LL.M. in Commercial Law in London, she worked for almost six years in the arbitration departments of a Swiss leading business law firm, in Geneva and in Zurich. She also gained considerable experience at the Swiss Supreme Court where she clerked for nearly three years.
- Involved as counsel in international commercial arbitrations under the ICC, LCIA and Swiss Rules, as well as in ad hoc arbitral proceedings (construction, pharmaceutical, oil & gas matters...)
- Sole Arbitrator in domestic and international commercial arbitrations
- Secretary to arbitral tribunals in commercial disputes (oil & gas, other commodities, loan agreements, ...)
- Contract management for Swiss and international companies
- Representing clients before the Geneva courts in various commercial disputes, mainly international
- 2009 – Master of Laws (LL.M.), University College London (United Kingdom)
- 2006 – Bar exam
- 2003 – Law degree, University of Geneva (Switzerland)
- Geneva Bar Association (ODAGE)
- Swiss Bar Association (FSA)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Switzerland, The European & Middle Eastern Arbitration Review 2011, a Global Arbitration Review Special Report, pp. 90ff (co-author: Elliott Geisinger)
- Switzerland: round up 2011/2012, PLC Arbitration multi-jurisdictional monthly e-mail for January 2012 (co-authors: Nathalie Voser and Anya George)
- Chapter 10 – Swiss and Swiss-based Arbitral Institutions in International Arbitration in Switzerland (2nd ed., 2013) (co-author: Georg von Segesser)
- International Dispute Resolution Involving Russian and CIS Companies – Overview of the conference held on 23-24 February in London, Kluwer Blog, 28 February 2012
- Revised Swiss Rules of International Arbitration, Practical Law Company PLC Arbitration, 30 May 2012 (co-author: Christopher Boog)
- The revision of the Swiss Federal Act on Unfair Competition, International Litigation News, IBA Litigation committee newsletter, May 2012 (co-author: Philipp Groz)
- Litigation Switzerland, GAR Know-How, 2012 (co-author: Martin Bernet)
- Impact of Foreign Bankruptcy - Proceedings on Pending Arbitrations in Switzerland: Need for a Change in Swiss Legislation?, Kluwer Blog, 25 March 2014
- ASA below 40 – ISTAC, Dos and Don’ts when Agreeing to Arbitrate : Swiss and Turkish Perspectives, Geneva, 26.10.2018, Deadlock Clauses, Multi-Tier Dispute Resolution Clauses, Joint Venture Pitfalls
- ELSA Summer School on Arbitration, Hot Topics in International Arbitration, Geneva, 29.08.2017, The new ICC Rules
- ASA Geneva, Processus décisionnel et préjugés: usage du sens commun et dysfonctionnements, Geneva, 07.04.2018, Revue de jurisprudence
- Investment Arbitration under the SCC Rules, Key Elements and Recent Developments, Frankfurt, 11.03.2016, Efficient presentation of Evidence from the Tribunal’s Perspective