Rue Bovy-Lysberg 2
P.O. Box 5824
1211 Geneva 11
Pierre Ducret specializes in domestic and international litigation. He assists individual and corporate clients before local and federal courts, in particular in commercial, banking, criminal and employment law disputes. Pierre Ducret also has extensive experience in commercial and sports arbitration, whether as counsel or secretary to the arbitral tribunal.
Pierre Ducret graduated in 2005 from the University of Geneva School of Law. He was admitted to the Bar in 2007. In 2009 he earned an LL.M. in international commercial law from King’s College in London. He became Solicitor in the Senior Courts of England & Wales in 2010 and worked thereafter in the international arbitration department of a renowned law firm in London. Pierre Ducret joined CMS in 2011.
Pierre Ducret served as board member of the Geneva Young Bar Association.
- Counsel of a Spanish energy company and its partners in an arbitration concerning a dispute under a production sharing contract in North Africa. ICC arbitration proceedings in Geneva.
- Counsel of a Swiss bank in a civil litigation concerning a EUR 68 million credit facility agreement.
- Counsel of a Cyprus trading company in criminal proceedings conducted in Geneva against Russian individuals.
- Ad hoc secretary of a CAS Panel in an arbitration concerning the sanctions issued in connection with the Port Said stadium deadly riot.
- 2009 – LL.M. in international commercial law, King’s College London
- 2005 – Law Degree, University of Geneva
- Schweizerischer Anwaltsverband (SAV)
- Swiss Arbitration Association
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Swiss Sport’s Law Association
- Consécration du principe d’intégrité des compétitions sportives par le Tribunal arbitral du sport, in : Intégrité des compétitions sportives, Charles Dudogon et al. (eds.), Jurisédition, Dalloz, 2014, pp. 73-80 (avec Olivier Carrard).
- The Arbitral Procedure, in: International Arbitration in Switzerland, A Handbook for Practitioners, 2ème éd., Geisinger/Voser/Petti (eds.), Kluwer Law International, 2013, pp. 73-105 (avec Elliott Geisinger).
- The Uncomfortable Truth : Once Discovered, What to Do with It ?, in: Search for the Truth in Arbitration: Is finding the Truth what Dispute Resolution is About?, ASA Special Series No. 35, Juris 2011, pp. 113-133 (avec Elliott Geisinger).
- May 2016, Lecture: "Le Code de procédure civile – Questions choisies", Geneva Bar Association, Geneva/Switzerland
- June 2016, Lecture : "The suitability of mediation for sport disputes: a comparison with litigation and arbitration", International Bar Association, Rio/Brazil