Certified Tax Expert
Certified Tax Expert
Tanja Schaub is a tax lawyer and Swiss Certified tax expert with a focus on corporate tax, real estate taxation, private clients and social security matters – all on domestic and international level.
In the area of corporate tax law she focuses on group reorganisations, financial restructuring measures, tax audit support, treaty protection and transfer pricing. When advising private clients she specialises in matters such as relocation, representation in voluntary disclosure procedures and support in estate cases. With regard to real estate taxation she serves corporate investors and real estate funds, mainly in transactions, as well as private clients in questions of tax valuations and capital gains taxation, both in estate cases and sales processes. Further, she advises HR departments or individuals in matters of payroll taxes including social security obligations and represents them in the respective procedures.
Tanja Schaub has advised clients in a variety of tax matters working closely with other specialists from the Private Clients, Real Estate, M&A or Employment Law teams as well as with other tax advisors from around the world.
Tanja Schaub graduated from the University of Zurich in 2002 and joined a Big 4 firm. Until 2010 she worked there as a member of the international corporate tax team serving global enterprises, Swiss mid-sized companies as well as real estate funds, specializing in M&A, restructuring and real estate taxation. In 2006 she qualified as Swiss Certified Tax Expert. In 2010 Tanja Schaub joined our firm as an associate. She was nominated Counsel of our firm in 2014.
Some of her strengths include organisational skills, a swift understanding of tax issues, the ability to provide feasible advice also in complex cases and support in its implementation.
In her spare time, Tanja Schaub likes to read numerous books and, weather allowing, to play golf.
- Advising tax efficient reorganisations (mergers, splits etc.) and financial restructurings (profit tax, stamp duty etc. including obtaining tax rulings) as well as post reorganisation tax loss carry forward protection
- Advising a number of international groups on cash repatriation matters (treaty application, dividend withholding tax issues)
- Assisting international groups in the transfer of operating assets or the reorganisation of the supply chain and the related transfer pricing matters (documentation, tax rulings)
- Assisting in tax audits both for corporate income tax and withholding tax
- Tax compliance, both corporate and individual, especially when involving non-Swiss assets (branches, real estate, partnerships) or for non-resident taxpayers holding Swiss assets
- Tax provision calculations and tax accounting
- Advising HR departments in a wide area of tax matters (payroll tax, social security audits, taxation issues and documentation requirements for share/stock option plans)
- Advising a wide number of private clients in voluntary disclosure procedures in Switzerland and Germany
- Advising a number of heirs in estate tax matters
- Supporting a wide number of corporate, institutional or individual clients during the sales process of Swiss real estate (review of valuations from a tax perspective, review of agreements regarding tax risks and tax liens, capital gains tax returns)
- 2006 – Swiss Certified Tax Expert
- 2002 – University Zurich, lic. Iur.
- EXPERTsuisse (The Swiss Expert Association for Audit, Tax and fiduciary)
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- "Forderungsverzicht als spezielle Sanierungsmassnahme im Schweizer Steuerrecht", Steueroptimierte Gestaltungen in Restrukturierung, Sanierung und Insolvenz, CMS Hasche Sigle, 06/2015
- "Switzerland: Safe harbour interest rates on down-stream intra-group loans 2015", CMS Transfer Pricing Newsletter, 04/2015