Avda. Costanera Sur 2730, Piso 9
Parque Titanium, Las Condes
Matías is a partner and leads the Intellectual Property group for CMS Carey & Allende. He has 20-years of experience in cases relating to trademarks, patents, industrial designs, litigation, copyright, and unfair competition, among other matters.
He is the React partner In Chile.
Endorsed in Chambers & Partners and WTR 1000. Ranked among Latin America’s best anti-counterfeiting experts by World Trade Review, 2018.
Prior to joining CMS Chile, he worked at Sargent & Krahn (1998-2016).
Among his prior clients are the following:
- International clients: Hugo Boss, Tous, Red Bull, NSK, NHS, SKF and Dassault.
- International clients through REACT: Universal Studios, Samsung, Asics, Christian Dior, Longines, Omega, Prada, Panasonic, Audi, Porsche, Manchester United, Chelsea, etc.
- Local clients: Viña Requingua, Caravana, Dollversity, Alican, Tesla, Segin.
- 1993 - Law Degree, Universidad Diego Portales School of Law
- Parallel Imports Committee of the International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI).
- Chilean Industrial Property Association (ACHIPI).
- International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition (IACC).
- Former member of the Enforcement and the Anti-Counterfeiting Committees of the International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Chilean Bar Association.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Professor of Intellectual and Industrial Property Protection (2009 - to date).