Jacques Simhon, LL.M.
Jacques Simhon, LL.M.
Calle 77 No. 7-44 Off. 202
Torre Siete 77
Jacques is Partner and leads the Corporate Criminal Law practice and co-leads the Real Estate & Construction, Dispute Resolution, and Compliance practices for the Firm. Jacques graduated as an attorney from Universidad de los Andes, and holds a Masters degree from the Universidad de Barcelona – Universidad Pompeu Fabra in Criminal Law and Criminal Sciences, as well as a Masters degree in Criminology and Security from the Universidad de Barcelona. He also holds a Specialty degree in Financial Law from Universidad de los Andes. During his career, he has advised national and multinational clients in matters related to corporate and personal criminal liability, both as a litigating attorney and as an advisor for criminal risk management. He has also developed his career as a lawyer in disciplinary matters.
He has been directly involved in the Real Estate development sector both as Head of Legal and General Manager of development companies, leading the development from conception to completion of several high profile real estate projects in Colombia.
- 2017-present – Partner, CMS Rodríguez-Azuero, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2013-2017 – Independent Consultant, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2013-2017 – Legal Director, Promotora A.C. S.A.S., Bogotá, Colombia
- 2012-2013 – Lawyer, Lombana Villalba & Abogados, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2010 – Advisor, Dr. Carlos Medellín Becerra – Adviser to the Office of the Minister of the Interior and Justice, Bogotá, Colombia
- Promotora ACR SAS (Project La Serrezuela): The Firm advised the client in almost every legal aspect of the construction of La Serrezuela, a luxury retail center in Cartagena’s iconic walled city, Colombia’s top tourist attraction. The Firm has advised the client in the land acquisition, financial closing, and the preparation of all contracts related to the construction of the project including: acquisition of materials, construction services and other needs. The Firm is handling all the contracts for the operation and occupation of the space, working with future tenants of the retail center. Amount of the transaction: Approx. USD $102.6 million.
- Promotora AC: The Firm advised the client in detailed studies on the ownership history, property owners, restrictions and encumbrances on real estate to be used in the development of various projects in the cities of Cartagena and Bogotá, including the Bastión Luxury Hotel and different housing projects.
- 2014 – Specialization in Financial Legislation, Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2012 – Master in Criminology and Security, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
- 2011 – Master in Criminal Law and Criminal Sciences, IL3: Universidad de Barcelona – Universidad Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
- 2010 – Diploma Degree in Advanced Criminal Investigation and Analysis, Universidad Sergio Arboleda, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2010 – Lawyer, Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia
- Cámara de Comercio Internacional (Capítulo Colombia), Vice President of the Anti-corruption, Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Committee.
- Member of the board of Directors in the Calle del Sargento Mayor Investment Trust, owner of the Bastion Luxury hotel and the El Gobernador Restaurant in Cartagena.
- Professor of Criminal Procedure at the universities of Los Andes, Jorge Tadeo Lozano and Sergio Arboleda, as well as lecturer in other universities in Colombia and Spain.
- Author, “Aggravated Fraud and Other Considerantions”, Estudios críticos de jurisprudencia de la Corte Suprema de Justicia N° 3, Ed. Uniandes, coordination of Ricardo Posada Maya y María Camila Correa Flórez, January 2017
- Author, “Perpetration by Means through an Organized Apparatus of Power: Dogmatic and Jurisprudential Analysis”, under the direction of Dr. Ricardo Posada Maya, Revista de Derecho Público de la Universidad de los Andes No. 25., 2011