María Paula Romero
María Paula Romero
Calle 75 No. 3-53
María Paula is an Associate for the Firm in the Employment & Pensions area. She is a lawyer and has a second degree in Political Science from Universidad de los Andes. She also has a specialization in Labour and Social Security Law from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana and she is certified by the Ministry of Justice and the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá to practice in dispute resolutions as conciliator.
She has more than 4 years of experience and since she joined the Firm in 2017, she has advised national and international clients in best practices, due diligence operations, employment substitutions, the defence of public trusts in charge of pensions and fringe benefits from special regimes, retirement plans for key employees, mass layoffs, and management of individual labour relationships for local and foreign clients.
- 2017-present – Associate, CMS Rodríguez-Azuero, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2014-2017 – Associate, Valbuena, Gamboa, García y Cardona- VGCD, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2014 – Adviser of the Fondo de Adaptación – Project Mojana, Dra. María Isabel Patiño, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2014 – MLAV Consultores, Lawyer, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2012-2014 – Paralegal, Valbuena, Gamboa, García y Cardona- VGCD, Bogotá, Colombia
- Fiduciaria La Previsora S.A: The Firm advised the Client in the drafting of the Legal Defence Handbook of the Sociedad de Inversiones de la Flota Mercante Gran Colombiana S.A (liquidated) trust fund, developing several corporate, employment, constitutional and administrative defence strategies focused in the protection of the resources managed and intended to cover the pension liabilities.
- GesNext (Grupo IBM): The Firm advices the Client, in support to CMS Grau in Lima, Peru, in regulatory update activities and advices him in employment, social security and tax matters in the processes of personnel management and payroll liquidation pursuant the relevant Colombian regulations.
- Eforcers S.A: The Firm advised the Client reviewing and drafting the Agreements to conclude the labour substitution procedures between the Companies as part of the Group corporate operation.
- Promotora ACR SAS: The Firm advised the Client in the management of the termination of the employment agreements of certain percentage of the workforce of La Serrezuela project. The Firm also advises the Client in all the relevant jurisdictional proceedings before the Ministry of Labor.
- Círculo de Viajes Universal (CVU): The Firm advised the Client in the management of the matters related with the retirement plans and mitigation of employment contingencies.
- 2016 – Specialization in Employment Law, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2016 – Political Science, Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2015 – Diploma Degree in Dispute Resolutions, Cámara de Comercio de Bogotá, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2015 – Lawyer, Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia
- Political Scientist Chapter – Graduates Association of Universidad de los Andes. Vocal Member of the General Assembly of the Chapter Poliandes.