Calle 77 No. 7-44 Off. 202
Torre Siete 77
Santiago is Associate for the Firm in the Compliance, Corporate Criminal Law, Real Estate Law & Construction, and Dispute Resolution. He has over two years of experience advising national and multinational clients in criminal issues, compliance and structuring real estate projects for the housing and hotel sector through drafting contracts and structuring of management trusts.
Additionally, he has participated in international congresses regarding organized crime and has advised several law projects in the Colombian Congress. Furthermore, in the academic field, he has been assistant professor in the course of General Criminal Law at the Universidad de Los Andes and has published several publications on issues related to the armed conflict in Colombia and crimes against private property.
- 2018-present – Associate, CMS Rodríguez-Azuero, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2017 – Assistant profesor in the general Class of Criminal Law, Universidad de Los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2016-2017 – Lawyer, JSR Abogados & Asociados, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2016 – Junior Lawyer, MPa Penal Corporativo, Bogotá, Colombia
- Ongoing – Specialization in Criminal Law, Universidad Sergio Arboleda, Bogotá, Colombia
- 2017 – I International Criminal Law Congress of Universidad Libre (24 hours intensity), Bogotá, Colombia
- 2016 – Lawyer, Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia
- Author, “Fraud and co-owners theft: in the scope of the Decision of October 8th of 2014, number 44504, Criminal Cassation Chamber, Colombia Supreme Court of Justice, Critic studies of jurisprudence of the Colombian Supreme Court of Justice 5. Uniandes Editions, 2017
- Co-Author, “Drug Trafficking: from organized crime to offence connected with a political offence in the context of the Colombian peacemaking process”, Transnational Organized Crime Observatory of Salamanca University, Salamanca, Spain, 2015