Palladium, Na Poříčí 1079/3a
110 00 Prague 1
Frances Gerrard is an international lawyer dividing her time between the CMS offices in Prague and Bratislava.
She is a core member of the Corporate and M&A team and advises clients on high-end corporate and commercial law, and particularly on leading and coordinating multijurisdictional transactions such as mergers and acquisitions in Central and Eastern Europe. She also regularly advises international insurance companies on W&I insurance.
- Mid Europa Partners on the sale of Aeskulab and Alpha Medical businesses in the Czech Republic and Slovakia to Unilabs, the largest healthcare transaction in Central Europe since 2008.
- Advent International on the EUR 1.9bn acquisition of Zentiva, Sanofi’s European generic pharmaceuticals business.
- Liberty Global, the world’s largest international cable business, on the sale of its direct-to-home satellite TV operations in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovakia to M7 Group; and on the Czech, Hungarian and Romanian aspects of the sale of its European assets to Vodafone.
- Nordic Partners, in relation to the EUR 175m sale of Hamé to Oslo-listed food group Orkla.
- Clarion Capital Partners, a New York private equity firm, in relation to its investment and subsequent USD 320m sale of Moravia IT, a Brno head-quartered global localisation and translation business.
- Metal Trade Comax, a Czech metals processing conglomerate, on its acquisition of the German Oetinger Aluminium Group from Orlando Management AG.
- Miton, Enern, and In-Bridge on the due diligence for the sale of Slevomat Group, a company holding deal websites in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, to UK-based travel company Secret Escapes.
- Pricol, an Indian automotive components manufacturer, on the acquisition of PMP PAL International, a Czech manufacturer of automotive parts.
- MetLife on the acquisition of CEE life insurance and pension assets from Aviva and subsequent mergers.
- Orange on a network sharing agreement with Vodafone in Romania.
- 2007 - LL. B, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT
- 2009 - Graduate Diploma in Practical Legal Training, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT
- Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia
- High Court of New Zealand
- Czech Bar Association