Palladium, Na Poříčí 1079/3a
110 00 Prague 1
Patrik Przyhoda is Counsel in the Corporate and M&A practice at CMS Prague.
He is primarily responsible for the overall leadership, negotiation and coordination of transactions. Patrik has been practising as a corporate lawyer for over a decade and advises clients on both domestic and international acquisitions and exits, the creation of joint ventures, corporate restructurings as well as on various aspects of company-related regulatory issues, insolvency and equity capital markets.
He also assists clients with general day-to-day company-related legal issues and agreements. He has vast experience with leading mergers and acquisitions as well as coordinating due diligence / vendor due diligence processes.
Patrik is particularly experienced in advising clients in the Financial Services sector - banks, insurance companies, brokers - on their investments and operations in the Czech Republic. He has advised clients from the financial sector on domestic and cross-border takeovers and mergers as well as on establishing local branches and subsidiaries, including dealing with the Czech National Bank in relation to all relevant regulatory issues.
- Erste Group Bank and its subsidiaries on its agreement with Global Payments Inc. to establish a joint venture providing merchant acquiring and payment processing services to retailers in the Czech Republic, Romania and Slovakia.
- mBank on the sale of its 100% stake in the Transfinance factoring business to UniCredit Bank.
- Triglav on the sale of its Czech subsidiary Triglav pojišťovna, to VIGO Finance, part of VIGO Investments Group.
- LBBW on the sale of its subsidiary, LBBW Bank CZ to Russian Expobank.
- Dixons Retail on the sale of its ElectroWorld operations in the Czech Republic and Slovakia to Slovak electronics retailer NAY.
- AnaCap on the acquisition of the Czech branch of Banco Popolare (now Equa bank).
- MetLife on the acquisition of Aviva Czech Life, Aviva Hungary Life, Aviva Romania Life and Aviva Romania Pensions from Aviva.
- Marsh on the acquisition of a majority stake in INSIA, the biggest insurance broker in Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Photon Energy on the public tender for the swap of shares in the listed Czech company Phoenix Energy for new shares in its Dutch holding company Photon Energy and simultaneous listing of Photon Energy shares on NewConnect.
- American Express on the sale of its merchant acquiring business in the Czech Republic to Global Payments.
- 2005 - Master’s Degree in Law, Charles University, Prague
- 2002 - Master’s Degree in Economics, VSB-Technical University, Ostrava
- 2002 - Certificate Level of the ACCA
- Member, the Czech Bar Association
- Member, the Supervisory Board at the Czech Bar Association
- Member, Tax and Legislation Committee, Czech Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (CVCA)
- M&A course on International Business Transactions, Prague Summer School, 2013 - 2015
- How to do transactions, Public Seminar, Economia, 2013