Palladium, Na Poříčí 1079/3a
110 00 Prague 1
Paul Stallebrass is a partner in the International Banking & Finance practice.
He is based in Prague and has a truly international practice, with experience of advising on complex finance transactions in a large number of European and emerging market jurisdictions.
Paul is the leading expert on leveraged buyouts in CEE and has advised on some of the most notable and innovative transactions in this field for both banks and sponsors. He also advises regularly on transactions elsewhere in Europe including Scandinavia, the Baltics, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, as well as Russia and Turkey. His clients include leading banks and private equity investors.
- CVC on the financing of its acquisition of PKPE Energetyka (“PKPE”), the energy unit of the Polish National Railways.
- Erste Bank, Raiffeisen and UniCredit on the financing of Mid Europa Partners’ acquisition of healthcare services provider Regina Maria.
- BNP Paribas, ING and Raiffeisen on the financing of Bridgepoint’s acquisition of Dr Gerard, a producer of branded and private label biscuits in Poland, from Groupe Poult of France.
- HSBC as agent and arranger on a syndicated loan to UK listed company Stock Spirits plc with operations in Germany, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Switzerland and Slovak Republic.
- The successful bidder on the financing of its proposed acquisition of partially listed and part state owned energy company Enea SA in Poland by way of senior debt and high yield bond.
- BNP Paribas, Erste Bank, ING, UniCredit, Banca IMI, Credit Agricole, Raiffeisen and Société Générale on Mid Europa Partners’ EUR 330m leveraged recapitalisation of SBB Serbia, Telemach Slovenia and Telemach Bosnia, the leading cable TV and broadband internet providers in the territory of the former Yugoslavia.
- JP Morgan Partners, AIG and Baring Communications on the financing of the acquisition of ICZ (later Karneval) which was the first syndicated LBO in CEE.
- Bulgarian Telecommunications Company privatisation (for Advent International), which was the first leveraged privatisation in CEE and the first leveraged buyout in Bulgaria.
- Advent International the USD 45m public takeover of Terapia SA in Romania, which was the first leveraged public-to-private in CEE and the first leveraged buyout in Romania).
- GMT Communications on the EUR 110m financing of their acquisition of the business and media division of Springer (Germany, Switzerland, Sweden and CEE).
- 1991 - Bar Vocational Course, Inns of Court School of Law, London
- 1990 - Law Degree (Hons), Cambridge University, Cambridge
- Member, the Bar of England and Wales
- Member, the Law Society of England and Wales
- Member, the Czech Bar Association