The business context Having been in a state of profound change for over 10 years, the Algerian business world is rightly regarded as complex. It requires good knowledge of the legal and cultural environment and of business practice. Against this background, the support of a business law firm which has been practising in Algeria for over half a century, and which has recognised expertise in all the country’s key sectors, is one of the crucial factors in success.
In order to maximise the prospects of success, it is pertinent:
- to understand the new restrictions in relation to mandatory national partnerships for all proposed direct foreign investment,
- to adapt project finance mechanisms to the obligatory use of local finance,
- to have a thorough command of the new tax rules applicable to public and supply contracts,
- to anticipate the legal implications of future large scale energy efficiency initiatives.
Our practice areas
- Legal fields: Company Law, Restructuring, M&A Major infrastructure projects, Energy, Public-Private Partnerships, Taxation Public contracts, Economic Law, Employment Law
- Business sectors: Agriculture and Food Processing, Automotive Industry, Building and Public Works, Distribution, Energy, Pharmaceuticals, Telecommunications Infrastructure
International investors operating in all business sectors, especially energy, infrastructure, finance, the automotive industry, telecommunications, and agriculture and food processing.
With a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural and multi-lingual team of 11 lawyers and tax specialists, educated at the best Algerian and European universities and under the charge of Samir Sayah, our firm is one of the few in Algeria which can offer legal and tax assistance covering the main areas of Algerian and international law of business and finance. This provides the most secure footing for investors to turn their Algerian projects into reality.CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre Algeria was ranked by Chambers Global for the first time in 2010: “Its ‘good team of experts on business and fiscal law,’ also has specialist knowledge of the Engineering Procurement Construction Act. It counsels a range of prestigious clients. Samir Sayah is one of the country’s leading tax experts and is described by clients as ‘on the ball and customer-responsive’.”