Paseo de Recoletos 7–9
Blanca Cortés is a Counsel of the TMC department at CMS Albiñana & Suárez de Lezo with vast experience advising on all aspects of industrial and intellectual property.
Her practice spans both contentious and non-contentious issues in relation to trademarks, patents, designs, intellectual property rights, anti-trust, advertising, honour, privacy and image rights. She also has substantial experience in the areas of anti-counterfeiting and customs.
She advises on corporate due diligence processes, as well as on different information technologies, e-commerce and personal data protection.
Blanca advises clients across a wide range of sectors. Her main clients include domestic and international publishing and record companies, audiovisual producers, advertising agencies, art galleries, architecture firms, the media, artists, end users of copyright, pharmaceutical companies, athletes, owners of renowned brands, FMCG producers, software developers, telecoms operators and information technology companies.
Her work has been recognised by prestigious legal directories Chambers & Partners, Best Lawyers and Legal 500.
- Blanca has advised sector-leading companies on a wide variety of matters, including internationally-renowned architecture firms on the drafting of all types of service and rights transfer agreements, a domestic television network on the collective management of intellectual property rights and several FMCG producers on intellectual property, honour and image rights infringements.
- 2019 - Course on Advertising Law, Autocontrol (Spain).
- 2004 - Advanced course on Intellectual and Industrial Property, Instituto de Empresa, Madrid (Spain).
- 1997 - Master's Degree in EU Law, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain).
- 1996 - Graduate of Law, Universidad de Lérida (Spain).
- Member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (Spanish group).
- Member of the Spanish Entertainment Law Association.
- Blanca has published a wide range of articles and written pieces on topics including the right to be forgotten, developments in the case law on public communication and the statute of limitations regarding trademarks.
- Throughout her extensive career, Blanca has spoken at numerous events and conferences. She also delivers lectures on intellectual and industrial property at prestigious institutions such as the Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid, Instituto de Empresa, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid and the Fundación Banco Santander, among others.