Paseo de Recoletos 7–9
Blanca has vast experience advising on all aspects of industrial and intellectual property.
Her practice spans both contentious and non-contentious issues in relation to trademarks, patents, designs, copyright, unfair competition, publicity and image rights. She also has substantial experience in the areas of anti-counterfeiting and customs.
Blanca also advises on strategic and other intellectual property matters in corporate transactions, as well as on different information technologies, e-commerce and personal data protection. She advises clients across a wide range of industry sectors. Her main clients include domestic and international publishing and recording companies, audiovisual producers, advertising agencies, art galleries, architecture studios, the media, television channels, intellectual property rights management collectives, copyright end users, pharmaceutical companies, consumers and users, artists, athletes, owners of commercial brands, FMCG producers, software developers, telecoms operators and information technology companies.
She has close to 20 years’ experience and has received numerous awards from the most prestigious legal directories.
- Country-wide TV network | Advice regarding the collective management of intellectual property rights.
- International architecture studios; major software developer | Preparation of all types of agreements relating to the transfer of intellectual property rights (digital content distribution, architecture, software, plastic works, music, audiovisuals, the acquisition of catalogues and collections, etc.).
- Leading telecommunications provider | Conducting due diligence processes in the field of intellectual and industrial property; among others, the acquisition of a social network.
- Industrial and technology international holding | Advice and representation in civil and criminal proceedings regarding trademarks, patents and industrial designs.
- Toys and collector’s cards manufacturer | Proceedings before the Customs Authorities for the retention of counterfeit goods and arbitration and dispute resolution proceedings concerning domain names heard before the World Intellectual Property Organisation.
- Leading insurance company | Contractual advice with regards to personal data protection. Personal data processing and transfer agreements.
- Major player in the infrastructures sector | Biennial data protection and compliance programmes audits; implementation of whistleblowing protocols.
- Online banking services provider | Advice on cyber security and the digital divide.
- Major jewellery designer and retailer | Advice and representation in litigation concerning unfair competition.
- Entertainment producers association | Advice in relation to the legal aspects of advertising and promotional campaigns, and representation at civil and administrative proceedings concerning illicit advertising.
- 2004 - Advanced course on Intellectual and Industrial Property, Business Institute (Spain).
- 1997 - Master's Degree in EU Law, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain).
- 1996 - Graduate of Law, Universidad de Lérida (Spain).
- International Association for the Protection of Industrial and Intellectual Property (Spanish Group)
- Commentary on the doctrine unification judgments (civil and corporate). Prescription of actions concerning continued trademark infringements. Dykinson 2010-2011.
- Civil, commercial, public, employment and international agreements and the tax implications thereof. Agreements over intangible assets (II). Licence agreements and the awarding of patents. Thomson Reuters Aranzadi. 2014.
- Principles of intellectual property and architecture. Series of six articles published in the leading architecture blog. 2015.
- Intellectual property for architects. Instructions guide. In: “Magazine of the Official Architects School of Madrid”. 2013.
- The Sinde Law: functions and disfunctions. In: “Communications on Intellectual Property and Competition Law”. 2011.
- Parody as an exception to copyright: user guide and entertainment. 2014.
- Intellectual property in architecture. IE Segovia. February 2016.
- Lectures on intellectual property and architecture. Master's Degree in Intellectual Property, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. 2012-2015.
- Intellectual property of architecture: the space between reality and utopia. Online lecture in “Master' degree in Architectural Management & Design”. Business Institute School of architecture and design.
- Latent architectural intellectual property. In: “Master's Degree in Projects”. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- Photography and intellectual property. In: “Talent search studio”. Banco Santander Foundation. 2015.
- The key basics of industrial property for plastic artists. Cultural Factory. 2014.
- Photography: intellectual property and image rights. In: “Master's Degree in Intellectual Property”. Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. 2014-2015.
- Unfair competition. In: “Master's Degree in Intellectual and Industrial Property, Competition and New Technologies”. Pons Foundation. 2013.
- Borders of copyright protection. What is harmonised in the EEA, what is not? In: “PAG IP CMS Associates meeting”. 2014.
- Customs suspensive procedure. What are the requirements which a trader wanting to receive the Benefit of the suspensive procedure must comply with? In: “CMS Seminar”. Lisbon, 2012.