Paseo de Recoletos 7–9
Carlos Peña possesses vast experience advising on mergers and acquisitions, privatisations, joint ventures, strategic alliances and other corporate matters. He is a member or secretary of the board of directors of several listed and non-listed companies.
Carlos Peña has been selected as a specialist lawyer in the Capital Markets and Corporate / M&A areas by Legal 500 and PLC.
He has also been awarded with the prize Client Choice winner at the 2016 Corporate Intl Magazine Global Awards - Banking & Finance Law Firm of the Year in Spain.
He is or has been a member and/or secretary of the board of directors of various credit and venture capital entities such as Merrill Lynch España Agencia de Valores, Lazard Asesores Financieros, Samsonite España, Sulzer Pumps, Buhler España, Equatorial Coca-Cola Bottling Company, etc.
- Citi Infraestructure Partners | Advising on the acquisition of the Spanish listed company Itínere Infraestructuras (“Itínere”) from Sacyr Vallehermoso (“SyV”).
- Naropa (Spanish real estate group) | advising on several important M&A and/or acquisitions of buildings in France and Switzerland
- Acciona | Advising on the joint tender offer launched with the Italian Enel for 100% of Endesa (the leading utility in the Spanish electricity system)
- Onex & Carestream | Advising on the purchase of Health Division assets from Eastman Kodak.
- Recoletos (Pearson Group) | Advising on the acquisition by management and investors.
- Zodiac and Polaris | Advising on the Spanish merger, competition review and filing
- Employee share offerings in Spain of several leading French companies (Air France, Axa, Barclays, Michelin, Thales, Wanadoo, etc.).
- RWE (Germany) | Advising on the takeover bid of Hidroeléctrica del Cantábrico.
- 1983 - Master's Degree in International Transport and Trade Law, Université Aix-en-Provence (France).
- 1982 - Graduate of Law, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain).
- Proportional Representation system and separation of duties by resolution of the Shareholders meeting. La Ley, Corporate Annual for Lawyers, 2010.
- The exclusion of listing due to alternative procedures to Public Tender. La Ley, Corporate Annual for Lawyers, 2010.
- Thesis: Present et Futur de l’assurance sur corps en Espagne et sa influence française.