Paseo de Recoletos 7–9
María Guinot Barona is Head of both, the Public Law & Regulated Sectors and Energy departments at CMS Albiñana & Suárez de Lezo. She is a Senior State Attorney on professional leave and possesses vast experience in all fields related to public authorities and regulated sectors (energy, finance, telecommunications, and infrastructure).
In the field of Public Law, she specializes in all types of issues related to the activity of the public sector (forced expropriation, assets of Public Administrations, infractions and sanctions, licenses and authorizations, subsidies, patrimonial liability).
In matters of Energy, she provides regulatory advice to the main energy companies in the markets of electricity, natural gas, hydrocarbons and renewable energies.
In the Banking and Financial sector, she advises financial institutions and other regulated entities in all aspects related to the development of their activity and relations with regulatory bodies or supervisors. Likewise, she is in charge of consultations, procedures and claims, and disciplinary proceedings processed or initiated by regulatory bodies and supervisors.
Additionally, she has been recognised in the areas of Public Law and Energy & Natural Resources, by the most relevant and prestigious legal directories such as Chambers & Partners and Legal 500. She has been awarded as Best Lawyer under Forty by Forbes in 2017.
- María has advised leading companies in their sectors on a wide variety of matters. Of note are the defence of credit entities in cases brought before the National Securities Market Commission and the Bank of Spain, the creation of a venture capital fund in the renewable energy sector and the financial liability claim for the damages arising from the cancellation of the electric energy emissions auctions.
- 2005 - Member of the State Attorneys Corps (on professional leave).
- 2001 - Graduate of Law, Universidad de Valencia (Spain).
- Association of State Attorneys.
- Illustrious Bar Association of Madrid and Valencia.
- María has published a wide variety of articles and works for both specialist and general publications and publishers.
- She routinely collaborates with the most prestigious legal journals and reviews and has published numerous articles and works relating to regulation.
- During her diverse career, she has been guest speaker on several courses and at seminars and conferences related to regulation in both public and private institutions.